(*Pictures were uploaded last night; written today - hope it will appear! Be nice with us blogger, please)
Snowy: My sis & I have been to our very first dog show here in Dubai. I don't know why, but mommy always seemed busy to take us to the previous ones. We had a BLAST walking in that huge area, meeting new furry friends and people!!!!
Our favorite groomers were there too...They were selling some grooming products
There were a couple of rings for the many fun competitions that they had. Crystal and I didn't join any competition. it was our first time there. Mommy wanted to see how would we react. She remembers taking us to the Pets on Parade event in August 2007, and I basically FROZE on stage when mommy asked me to perform some tricks. We two weren't so comfortable there. It was a closed place, small in the backstage were we spent most of our time, sounds were much much louder in a closed area of course.....
BUT, this wasn't the case yesterday (Feb 21 2009) even with the fact that this was a much HUGER event with a much bigger number of people and dogs (we were in doggie heaven yesterday). Both Crystal and I were confident there. In fact, we truly enjoyed it. We were beyond happy. Because we two were extremely happy, that made our mommy way too happy too ^_^
Here is the "toy class" competition....
mommy went crazy *AWWing* at this happy maltese
oh and this one walked just like a royal maltese walking in the show dog's ring

oh look at this flowing beautiful coat

Here they were narrowed down to a smaller number to choose the best in "toy class" among these little adorable dogs

Adorable pug won first, and maltese won second ^_^

Here is the adorable pug

and this is the malt who mommy continued to say AWWW and so pretty to it

There was also a display to the best Arabian Saluki
dog breeder
there was also a fun competition among the cross breed doggies. Here was one of them

and many more competitions.
Okay, as mommy, her lil bro and I (along with the audience) were busy concentration on the shows and displays, my annoying sister was busy disturbing the four legged audience... like this poor little pug who also was busy concentrating on the shows.
Crystal: hey puggy
cute pug: what do you want, miss puffy cotton girl
Crystal: you so remind me of someone who relates to someone special
Crystal: aren't you Chubs. My
handsome man's adorable brother?
Adorable pug: Nah! you are mistaken, puffy cotton
Crystal: hey big guy, are you enjoying your time here..nice to meet you
Golder Retriever: yeah! nice meeting you too
Crystal: what about you, human?
Snowy: okay, Crystal SURPRISED mommy, BIG time....I am the one who is known as the out going malt when it comes to meeting new doggies. I am so into approaching them, and wagging my tail like crazy..and if the mommies gave us more time, I would be offering to play too. Crystal is not known for that. She LOVES the humans MORE! Yet again, that wasn't the case yesterday...She turned into a social bug just like me too ... (I taught her well ^_^)
Snowy: hey Crystal, check out the two maltese there. Lets say hello
Snowy: hey come here Oreo..Let me have a closer look at your hair cut. Does it look like mine?
Snowy: hi there Bella, nice to meet you. I guess you also have a haircut similar to me and Oreo

Your collar is also similar to Crystals, but I don't think that it should be used on your leash. Crystal and I use our collars to attach our tags instead - not to attach the leash for walking. We learned that it is safer to use a harness on little doggies like us. Here is a an article about it:
Why harnesses are better than collars for little dogs
Crystal: Nice meeting ya pretty Bella.
Crystal: I sure amazed mommy when interracting with ALL doggies...I was such a good social bug, just like my brother

I didn't mind being sniffed and sniffing other too

S&C: this yorkie was so much fun ^_^
Snowy: hey there little adorable chihuahua
Crystal: not only we were among doggies, but also among many other people. We sure were cuddled by A LOT..Many took our pictures and many carried us and took a pic of us with them

mommy had to teach this adorable kid how to pick a doggie up properly. Mommy had to stay very close to me too..He was getting there

other kids sat right behind me for a pic..I kindda felt that I was a superstar

and the best part was, I was just HAPPY being around them just like Snowy

Here are some more pictures of different kids petting us



grown ups as well
Snowy: the only camera I like to pose for, is MOMMYS - I am not going to pose for this camera lady

more people petting and a cute dog to say hello to

time for a little break to drink some water

Here are few of the many doggies we met
Among all dogs, this was the one who grabbed mommy's attention the most. A very happy dog, enjoying life, that tail was wagging continuously even with the fact that she can't really *see* the world around her ...This precious little girl is around 3 years old. was rescued from the street in a very bad condition, scared, blind, and have no shelter....just look at what can a little of love do:

CAN YOU GUESS WHO THIS CUTIE IS??????

He is adorable
Toffee. It was a big surprise when we met him...We sure missed this little guy
Here is the cute and playful poodle. It was hard to make him sit still for the camera

We had a blast playing together ... Here, he was telling me a lil secret

Here is a close up of Oreo

a pekingese

a pit bull. There were a bunch of them, walking together. They were there on the purpose of raising awareness among people that this breed of dogs is not mean....its just that some owners are not qualified to be owning one..

here is an adorable maltese who mommy also fell in love with. Mommy bent down to snap this pic. When the maltese heard the click that the camera made....

She started barking at Paparazzi mommy

Crystal had to explain to her that it is just a camera and that was just her freak mommy

here is one of the dogs from K9 friends

and here is a lady who I tried to talk to

but she wasn't even interested in listening to me

one of the dalmations

a cute chihuahua

this yorkie was just too cute for words....what a doll

and adorable lhasa apso who was wearing a matching shirt with his daddy

shih tzu

stylish pug

going to a small puggy meet up

a chow chow

saying hello to Crystal

boy, we sure had a BLAST!!!!!

Snowy signing: I was here, Dubai's Dog Show 2009 ....
Crystal at home, telling her friend turtle how much fun she had at the event, and how she wished that there was more than just one similar event in a year

Crystal, kissing the turtle for being a good listener

maltese paws,
Snowy
24 comments:
Awsome Snowy And Crystal!!! You guys are so lucky! If I go to a dog show I bark at everything including candy wrappers. They are truly evil.
Hello Snowy and Crystal,
i bet you had a lot of fun!!! interacting with many different kind of dogs ^^ I wish i was there too :x
best regards
vodka
WHOA! WHAT A BLAST YOU HAD AT THE DOG SHOW!
Crystal, you made my jaw dropped, you are such a loving pup with a wonderful social skill, I'm so proud of you. The two of you got more attention than any other show dogs, what is more fun than being petted, cuddled by a million admirers?
My mom just called us for breakfast time, when it comes to food, I can't resist, muahhhh! Will come back to blah blah more!
Wow! You met soooo many cool dawgs! Ziggy would love to go there but I'm a little scared of strange humans and dawgs and dom't do so well in those circumstances. Were the chihuahua's you met nice? That 1st malt sure had some LONG hair!
Pedro
HI, Snowy and Chrystal!
You sure had a great time there at the show meeting lots of doggie friends!
And Toffee was there too! Glad to see he is doing well! I miss him too!
Thanks for sharing all those pictures!
I felt I was there with you two!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
oh my! u met toffee again. i remember you two meeting him some time ago.
that was cute for crystal telling the story to mr. turtle. lol
that lhasa sure got a bit of simba look. cute as a button.
wet wet licks
Boo
good job snowy!
those were a lot of puppies, indeed!
i bet i would have enjoyed it tons too, had i been there!
we hope you get to join next year
drooly kisses,
Aki
What a wonderful day you had, meeting all those doggies and people! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Thor
Hi Snowy & Crystal
What a fun place to meet up with so many doggies. We're glad you met so many new friends.
Love Ruby & Penny
Wow, that looks like a fun time, with so many dogs all together! I bet you met lots of new friends!
--JB
Hi Snowy & Crystal!
That is an AWESOME dog show that you got to go to! SOOO many new friends to meet! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos with us!
Scottie
Hey SNowy & Crystal, the dog show is pawsome!!!!!! sure you pals enjoying it so much. So many frens around & you even met Toffee!!! Oh I miss that lil fella too.
slurpy licks,
Twinkle
What a pawfect day, Snowy and Crystal. The two of you were the stars of the show! Both of you made lots of new bff's, what a fun day! Thanks for sharing, that's mommy and mes favorite thing to do...go to dog shows!
Hey Snowy and Crystal,
Wow what a fun day you two had and heaps of photos to share with us all as well is just terrific.
There were some very nice looking dogs there but I still think you two were the cutest in your matching leather halters.
I sure wish I had a turtle that I could tell all of my secrets to. I have lots!
Anyway I sure missed you guys You both are still soooo cute.
Hugz & Lickz
Gizmo
Hi friends! Wow, it looks like you had a super fun day!! Thanks for sharing all your pictures! It's so pawesome that you saw Toffee too - I miss him!
Love Clover xo
w00f's Snowy and Crystal...looks like u had a really good time at the dog show..heehee if me went me wood bark at everything..
b safe,
~rocky~
I'm back, Crystal.
I see that you have Mr. Turtle to talk to, is he a good listener?
Walking through the dog show, I feel like visiting DWB.
You two dress like twin, I like your cool harness!
My mom always ooh and ahhh whenever she spots a Malt, once she was barked at by a Maltgirl, that cutie pie like 2kg max but she had a supersonic bark!
My mom and I've never been in a dog show before, hopefully when the weather is nicer, she'll take me places, year.
I enjoyed the dog show very much, wish I was there!
Gosh, what an exciting day! There were SOOOO many doggies and all of them are so cute! I can only wish that I was there with you guys!
It's great that you met Toffee.. how's the little guy doing? We miss him too...
That looks really pawsome! And you get to meet so many other doggies
~ Bae
That was so much fun. It was like I was there with you. Those were great photos...Thanks for sharing
Deetzy
Hi my little friends,
Me and rhe Mommy sure are glad to see you are back to blogging. I missed you guys. What a great time you guys had at the pet fair. They are always so much fun but yours was huge compared to the ones I've been to. I'm gonna work the kissing booth at two that are coming up.
Love Mona
Pawsome! I love all the little dogs like us!
Those dogs are ALL very cute!!
Love,
Jemma
Post a Comment