Tuesday, February 27, 2007

learning tricks

hey guys,
I just wanna talk a lil about doggie tricks in this post, especially coz I promised Boo to share a video showing him how to learn *sit pretty*. Well, mommy said that before you see how I learn that trick, you gotta see what method we use when I learn those tricks. You might know it, and might not....so we thought of making this video first for everyone who might find this video useful :)

By the way, I had to learn a new trick in order to create that video. Mommy taught me *touch* today as you saw in that video. I had to because that made it easier to create that video and show what we meant :)

and here is the how to learn *sit pretty*: It is not that good with the clips since I already knew what mommy wanted me to do, but at least you guys can get the picture


woofs from Snowy

4 comments:

Boo Casanova said...

snowy, mom uses clicker bcoz she wants to get your attention, is that right? or the clicker is to let you know you did the correct thing? can i be trained w/o a clicker?

your "sit pretty" video is easy to follow. but my problem is, rather than sit, i'll stand with my hind legs. :-( i need to train my hooman to teach me the right method. LOL

wet wet licks

Boo

Simba and Jazzi said...

My Mummy loves teaching me new tricks. You deserve treats just for been cute.

Simba xx

Fu Fu said...

Snowy, you're so clever. I should learn to sit pretty too. :)

~ fufu

Snowy and Crystal said...

Boo, by doing the first task in that clicker training video, the dog becomes clicker trained, and then when working on tricks, the dog knows that the sound of the clicker means that he/she did the correct thing :) so yeah, that noise does tell me that I am on the right track, I will get treats, and mommy is happy with me :D the noise is evening something special and exciting to my ears, thats why working on tricks now is something that I enjoy doing. I just LOVE to hear the noise of the click.
Of course you can be trained with a clicker. MAybe your mommy should start teaching you this before moving to sit pretty :)
I think what your mommy can do is not raise her hand very high. I mean not in a level where you can stand. She can do it slowly, click and treat any effort you make to stretch your neck up while you follow her hand.

Simba, thank you :) you are a cutie pie too

Fufu, Thanks buddy, you will look more than just cute sitting pretty :)

woofs,

Snowy